2016 Year in Review
Many thanks to all of our friends and donors for making 2016 an exceptional year for People & Pets Together.
In January, People & Pets Together opened our pet food shelf in Minneapolis, the first dedicated pet food shelf in Minnesota. At year’s end:
- Over 200 families– including over 400 dogs and cats, in addition to birds, guinea pigs, rabbits and other companion animals– had received assistance at the food shelf.
- More than 7 tons of pet food, and over 3 tons of cat litter, had been distributed to food shelf clients. We also provided other essential pet care items, such as flea/tick prevention products, leashes and collars.
In addition to the success of the food shelf, in 2016 People & Pets Together continued to provide care and support to the greater Twin Cities community. Some ongoing accomplishments:
- Since our founding, People & Pets Together’s partner food shelves have received over 300,000 lbs. of donated pet food to stock their shelves.
- People & Pets Together has collaborated with other organizations to hold 25 subsidized vaccination clinics and animal wellness events.
- Over $35,000 has been distributed through People & Pets Together’s veterinary assistance grant program to help cover emergency vet bills for low-income households.
People & Pets Together has been successful because of our dedicated volunteers and the financial support of the community.Thank you!